Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Tuesday- Monica

Hello all!

Today's WOD:

Warmed up with flutterkicks and sit-ups.

Then 5 rounds of:

12 Two handed KB Overhead Squats
21 Two handed KB Good mornings

Score: 6:55

Then I did some KB swings to keep the HR up and did 3 sets of 5 military presses (each arm),

3 sets of 3 one legged deadlifts (each leg), 5 suitcase deadlifts for each arm.

And I ended it with holding a plank position for about a minute.

The whole time I shook my booty to M.I.A.'s album 'Kala'

It seems that tonight I just didn't want to STOP working out.

----------------

As far as Zone goes I've been eating the same thing for the past two days:

BF: 2 omega eggs, 6 almonds, and an orange

Snack: 2 oz. turkey breast, 6 almonds, sliced apple (or strawberries)

Lunch: Salmon on a bed of spinach

Snack: (usually after workout I have a workout smoothie : one scoop of Muscle Milk Light, + strawberries)

Dinner: 2 oz. turkey breast, orange, almonds.

-------------------------

Currenty reading:

The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
and finishing off Life Sucks (vampire graphic novel), YES I have a soft spot for cheesy vampire lore that dates back to watching The Count on Sesame Street. Von, too, tree!

3 More days of work and then I'm off all summer! (gee, can you guess what I do for a living?)

Going to definitely take advantage that this might be our last summer in Miami and I'm going to try and head out to the beach to run 2-3 times a week.

Running on sand: hell of a workout + you get a great tan.

Plus, being on the beach is an overall healing experience.

Before I go I must send some serious positive vibes to the love of my life Stephen.

Go go good vibes!!!

Remember guys, think positive, and you'll get positive results.

"The war in me makes a warrior!" - M.I.A.

No comments: