Thursday, June 26, 2008

Again. Faster.

Loving againfaster.com's article section. Superior motivation for yo ass there.
Stopped by the local American Top Team gym tonight to check things out. Definitely seems like alot of fun, albeit a bit pricey. The teaching staff and students all seemed well-grounded too...none of the "papi chulo" crap I was expecting to see. One of the instructors told me to swing by next tuesday to give the Beginner BJJ class a try, see how it suits me. I think that perhaps I shall take him up on that offer....and then figure out how I'm gonna swing the extra $120 a month. Deduct from the booze fund perhaps? Sounds like a plan.

Got my new Everlast double-end bag and throwdown bag gloves. Pure. Damn. Win. right there. I did yesterdays WOD and then followed it with a 5 minute round of strikes on the bag. Working muscles I haven't worked in a long time and feeling it tonight.

Down to the WOD scores:

Monday:
Run 5K

Not scored....was running more as a test of my knee as much of anything...and well, my knee gets a C-. Theres definetely something happening in it, and nothing as far as technique-correction seems to be fixing it. Might be time to see the sports physician...I think theres something wrong with the way my right foot falls, but I'm not sure at this point.

Tuesday:
Hang Power Snatch:
1-1-1-1-1-1-1
1.75
2.95
3.95
4.105 (fail)
5.100
6.100
7.105 (PR)

Getting better at it, but I still have a long way to go. The need for some crossfit Oly lift certification/seminars is imminent.

Wednesday:
20 Minutes
10 16Kg KB Thrusters (1 each hand)
10 Pullups

Score: 9.5

Not as bad as I feared, but not as good as I hoped. Plus I missed some fat blocks earlier with lunch that day and felt kinda "off". Which reminds me, Monica and I need to read this: The Soft Science of Dietary Fat. Supposedly a well-regarded article on the misconceptions of dietary "fat".

Misc:
Added a couple new links to the sidebar for WOD inspiration, especially for Monica since they tend to be MetCon and KB focused, which is good for her since she still lacks access to Oly equipment, rowers and pullup bars needed in alot of CrossfitHQs WODs.

Tomorrow should be fun. Monica and I are going to see the season finale of the Ultimate Fighter which is probably hands down the most entertaining and least intellectually-insulting "reality TV" show I've ever seen (not to say that its "smart", but at least it doesn't make you stupider just watching it like some of the other reality-crap you see on any given night). After that, if we're still not wiped from the days WOD, hopefully start watching Alexander....though I hear that that is a very, very long movie. Can't wait though, its Friday!

.....which reminds me, gotta figure out what I'm going to cook tomorrow...hmm...

No comments: