Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I'm Back! -Stephen

Well, technically, I got back Monday morning around midnight, but still...

First off, Missouri. I don't even want to talk about how many tamales I ate. Apparently my Uncle Charlie (father of the bride and whiter than a cloud, may I add) considers making tamales to be his hobby. He has a kitchen set up in one of the side houses devoted soley to this process. And I must say, for being a bible-loving good-ole-boy from MO, that man definetely knows how to make some bitchin' goddamn tamales. And I really only get to eat them once a year, so yeah, I "indulged", shall we say. Payin' for it now....but it was very worth it.

Anyways, back to "normal" life for me (ie, "Fitness Freak Lifestyle", others would put it). Glad for the break though, I honestly feel stronger....I have to convince Monica to take a week off every couple months or so though. Your body really needs it in the XFIT/RKC world.

Also, today bought an Everlast Double End Heavy Bag to hang in my room. Been watching alot of MMA lately, and I've got a terrible urge to get back in martial arts again.....the only problem is finding the time, dammit. Also picked up BJ Penns book from amazon, along with a new paperback copy of Gates of Fire, which I had previously given to my little brother and never gotten back. Along with Dune and Fight Club, I can easily say Gates of Fire is one of my absolute favorites, ever.

WOD Score time:

Doing the latest WOD Cycle from the XFIT HQ.
Yesterday:
Overhead Squat/Front Squat/Back Squat
1.95/115/135
2.95/135/185
3.105/165/185
4.115PR/175PR/205
5.105/180PR/205

Today:
For time:
50 Sit-ups
50 Double-unders
50 Sit-ups
Walking Lunge, 50 steps
50 Sit-ups
50 Burpees
50 Sit-ups

Time: 16:15
Those burpees really slowed me down. Legs were on fire after the lunges....but I guess that was the whole point. Good fun though!!

No comments: