Thursday, June 26, 2008

Monica... 6 rounds too many.

Today I did a particularly fun WOD, if you consider fun to be brutal and heart wrenching, which I do.

Stephen lifted it off the Xfit Sparta Insane WOD page and sent it my way.

It was called "THE CRAZY LADY" and it damn well deserved its name.

15-14-13-12-11-10 (yup that's 6 mighty rounds)

of:

kb swings
mountain climbers
squats
burpees (oh yay fun!)
presses
200 m run.

by round 4 (12 reps) I hated the person who created burpees with such fierceness I was yelling I wanted to pour acid on his grave.

by round 5 I entered a quiet acceptance and wondered if I would, in fact, pass out while running.

by round 6 I thanked the heavens for Crossfit training and being able to see it through.

Time: somewhere around 37 minutes, my vision was a bit blurry by then.

"Crazy Lady", you definitely are.


Tomorrow is my rest day and if this moment is any indication, I will definitely be sore tomorrow. Burpees, you are an evil force from the very pits of hell. But God love ya.

As Stephen mentioned in his post, we're watching the finale of UFC tomorrow, we spent all of Sunday in bed catching up on it and I'm very psyched to see it all wrap up. Next Saturday is the UFC battle between Forrest and Rampage and I'm SOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to it.
GO TEAM FORREST! I caught an old fight last night between Forrest and Stephan Bonnar that they showed on Spike and it was completely enthralling. They didn't drop to the floor once, it was pure boxing and kick boxing and it was freaking GREAT. Forrest won, of course.

Well I'm completely pooped. That crazy lady kicked my bum in ten different places, literally.

Goodnight y'all.

No comments: