Thursday, June 19, 2008

Monica

Let's start off with Tuesday's WOD which I devised and happily titled "Sarah Conor" and true to its name a WOD like that could turn you into a machine that fights machines! RARRR!!!

Sarah Conor:

50 weighted situps
30 kb swings
30 kb front squats
50 good mornings
3 minute jumprope

50 weighted situps
20 kb swings
20 front squats
40 good mornings
3 minute jumprope

50 weighted situps
10 kb swings
10 kb front squats
30 good mornings
3 minute jumprope.

TIME: 22:03

As you can see I tinkered with the reps for the kb wings, squats and gm's but kept the situps and jumprope reps the same amount because I wanted to keep the heartrate at optimum speed!


I REALLY REALLY LOVED THAT WOD, so much so I just couldn't contain myself and blew chunks at the end of it. (always a sign of a good Crossfit workout, I say.)

Yesterday was our rest day and today I did:

3 rounds of:

30 star jumpers a.k.a. frog squats
30 boxing squats with arm weights
30 kb swings
30 snatches
30 front squats
30 clean presses.

TIME: 22:43

AND I STILL HAD ENERGY FOR MORE.

I've also been doing mini workouts all day since I'm not working in the summer (I'm a teacher).
Today I did situps, windmills, one leg dealifts and sumo deadlifts for my mini-workouts.



OK now for the mind exercises:

Been reading and LOVING Many Lives, Many Masters. This book was recommended to me by several people and now that I've embarked on it I'm wondering what took me so long.
This book is a definite life changer and I'm loving every page of it.

Also wrapping up Coelho's new one The Witch of Portobello. Its not as engrossing as The Alchemist, but then again, how many books can compare to that masterpiece?
I had read another book of his that I adored called Veronika Decides to Die and it was an incredible read. However, Witch of Portobello is definitely dragging and not as enrapturing as his previous feats. Still, not a bad book, but Coelho fans expect more just because he IS such a great writer and the pedestal we've placed him on goes as high as the tower of Babel.


Lastly, I'm looking forward to tomorrow night's dinner of steak and wine with Stephen, and just spending time with him in general. Love, is a many splendid thing.

Goodnight, and good luck.

No comments: