Sunday, June 8, 2008

Monica - Sunday

Ahhh just finished watching Rafael Nadal kick some serious ass on the French Open!

Go SPAIN!



It just goes to show that kicking ass runs in my blood.

And while we're on the subject of whoopass, yesterday I tried out my new KB weight
and jeez I'm suprised I can even walk today (granted I am clutching my lower back like
a pregnant soccermom) but I did get a hardcore workout and I am grateful to you Terminator-like Russians for providing it.

It consisted of:

5 minutes of KB swings
5 minutes of jumprope
3 minutes of KB swings
3 minutes of jumprope

COMPLETELY PERFORMED OUTSIDE UNDER THE INCENDIARY MIAMI SUN.


Today will be :

3 Minute Planks
5-5-5-5-5 Kettlebell deadlift
3 minute Planks
5-5-5-5-5-5 KB Front Squat (Alternate Hands each Set)
3 Minute Planks


Per usual, I will most likely collapse into my pool and do some backstrokes to cool down.

AS FAR AS ZONE:

Stephen and I follow it strictly 95% of the time but Friday night and Saturday night we allow ourselves cheat meals.

We're only human. Granted, we try for immortality as best we can.

READING WISE:

I'm looking forward to this long stretch of summer to study study study,
and I've been lugging around a minimum of 7 books wherever I go.

I will update on some interesting things as I go along.

One point that really hit home (especially living in Miami and having to endure the most Godawful road rage in existance), was that "nonreaction is strength".
When people act like assholes its just their ego, so you have to look past that and see their true
essence. DO NOT REACT to the ego, because it feeds off of that weakness.

NONREACTION IS STRENGTH.



Have a great Sunday!

No comments: