Monday, July 14, 2008

Monica

Yes, I know Stephen is outraged that I haven't updated since before I fell ill but my time has been consumed by loving him (grubbing for points here), reading a 1,000 page memoir on a great queen, and getting better in general.

Its true, I was bedridden for about 8 days due to some heinous plague that is making its rounds down here. Finally, when the fog lifted I started my beloved Xfit WODs again, much to the groans of my recovering body. My kettlebell, which I normally swing one handed with ease was causing my shoulder to shake and I had to work my way back up.

I'm now in my second cycle since I was sick and forgive me darlings for not updating during the first but my WODs were pitiful since I was weak.

However. I'm back 100%, and maybe a bit too confident in my replenished vigor.

For example, I did a modified "Ivan the Terrible" today. Made it harder (as if that was possible) and almost hurt myself in the process. Afterwards I received a harsh scolding from Stephen who said "Don't DO THAT AGAIN", quite firmly and oh so manly as only he can be. (More point grubbing.)

My "Ivan"

100 jumping jacks
50 kb swings
50 front squats
50 pushups
50 situps

100 jumping jacks
40 kb swings
40 front squats
40 pushups
40 situps

100 jumping jacks
30 kb swings
30 front squats
30 pushups
30 situps

100 jumping jacks
20 kb swings
20 front squats
20 pushups
20 situps

100 jumping jacks
10 kb swings
10 front squats
10 pushups
10 situps.


----------

Now, it must be noted that during round 3 I proceeded to vomit my guts out with such force that I happened to break the capillaries under my eyes. Well done! However, since I am self admittedly insane, I proceeded to FINISH my workout.

Afterward, a sea of side effects consumed me and I was feeling wretched for a good 15 minutes or so, (this is where Stephen began his lecture while I was wheezing and trying to stay alive).

To make matters worse, we have come to the conclusion that I seem to have some type of unpleasant reaction to raw vegetables. I've always known uncooked onions hurt my stomach but now the list has spread to include jalapenos and tomatoes. As long as its cooked, I'm good to go, if its just freshly chopped, it can have me doubled over in pain within minutes of consumption. Amazing. Saddening. But just pushes me to cook more often, a fact that I'm sure will make Stephen happier in the longrun (points).

Well now, dear readers, I leave you so I can once again lose myself in the story of an ancient world. Goodnight.

No comments: